Main Article Content

Abstract

Celebrity worship is excessive obsessive behavior towards idol celebrities, one of the
influencing factors is attachment style, the level of security experienced in interpersonal relationships.
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of attachment style on celebrity worship in early
adulthood Korean celebrity fans in Karawang. The method in this study uses a quantitative method,
with the sampling technique used in this study is quota sampling (non-probability). Based on the
Lemeshow formula with a minimum count of 96 respondents needed, 172 early adult respondents
were Korean celebrity fans in Karawang as the research sample. Analysis of research data using
simple linear regression test to determine the value of the celebrity worship variable (Y) which is
influenced by the attachment style variable (X). The results obtained with a significant value of 0.000
<0.05. So the hypothesis of this study is that Ha is accepted and H0 is rejected, which means that there
is an influence between attachment style to celebrity worship in early adulthood Korean celebrity fans
in Karawang. The results of the coefficient of determination test obtained indicate that attachment
style contributes 28.1% influence on celebrity worship and the other 71.9% is influenced by other
variables not examined in this study.
Keywords: Celebrity worship, attachment styles, early adulthood


Celebrity worship adalah perilaku obsesi berlebih terhadap selebriti idola, salah satu faktor
yang mempengaruhi adalah attachment style yaitu tingkat keamanan yang dialami dalam hubungan
interpersonal. Tujuan dari penelitian ini adalah untuk mengetahui pengaruh attachment style terhadap
celebrity worship pada dewasa awal penggemar selebriti Korea di Karawang. Metode dalam penelitian
ini menggunakan metode kuantitatif, dengan teknik sampling yang digunakan dalam penelitian ini
adalah sampling kuota (nonprobability). Berdasarkan rumus Lemeshow dengan hasil hitungan minimal
96 responden yang dibutuhkan, di dapatkan 172 orang responden dewasa awal penggemar selebriti
Korea di Karawang sebagai sampel penelitian. Analisis data penelitian menggunakan uji regresi linier
sederhana untuk mengetahui besaran nilai variabel celebrity worship (Y) yang di pengaruhi oleh
variabel attachment style (X). Hasil yang di dapat dengan nilai signifikan sebesar 0,000 < 0,05. Maka
hipotesis penelitian ini adalah Ha diterima dan H0 ditolak, yang berarti terdapat pengaruh antara
attachment style terhadap celebrity worship pada dewasa awal penggemar selebriti Korea di Karawang.
Hasil dari uji koefisien determinasi yang diperoleh menunjukkan bahwa attachment style memberikan
sumbangan pengaruh sebesar 28,1% terhadap celebrity worship dan 71,9% lainnya dipengaruhi oleh
variabel lain yang tidak diteliti di penelitian ini.
Kata Kunci: Celebrity worhsip, attachment styles, dewasa awal

Article Details