a. General Provisions
- Provisions for writing the UBP Karawang Journal of Psychology refer to the 6th edition of the public relations manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) (the year 2010).
- Starting in 2016, the UBP Karawang Psychology Journal is published twice a year, namely the June and December editions.
- Manuscripts that can be published in the Journal of Psychology UBP Karawang are research results articles, both using qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods approaches that are carried out individually or in groups.
- Manuscripts in the form of thesis, thesis, and dissertation publication manuscripts must include recommendations from the relevant supervisor, stating that the manuscript is suitable for submission to the UBP Karawang Psychology Journal.
- The manuscript will be reviewed by a peer review anonymously, and given a decision to be accepted / suitable for loading, rejected / not suitable for loading, or accepted with revision.
- The author must revise based on feedback from reviewers within the time limit set by the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board has the right to improve the contents and writing of the manuscript without changing the substance of the content.
- Abstracts of articles that are suitable to be uploaded will be read and examined by professional translators.
- Authors whose texts will be published in the UBP Karawang Psychology Journal are required to cite at least 1 (one) article in the Karawang UBP Psychology Journal.
- Writers whose texts are published in the Journal of Psychology UBP Karawang will get 10 exes. print off the text of the writing, and are required to buy a minimum of 10 exes. journals that contain their writings (the authors are not subject to a contribution to printing costs).
b. Article Structure and Systematics of the Article
The contents and systematics of the article written are narrative (without numbering in front of subtitles) and must contain the following components:
The title should be concise and straightforward to describe the contents of the writing. May use a title that is creative and interesting to the reader (maximum 16 words).
- Author's name
Write the full name of the author without a title, the institution where the author works/study, and email correspondence (only the first author has the right to include his email address).
Written in English and in Indonesian. Typed in one space, a maximum of 250 words includes research objectives, research subjects, methods, and results.
The main words in the study can be drawn from the research variables, the characteristics of the research subjects, and the theory referred to (minimum three words or a combination of words, written in alphabetical order), for example, Autism, Family Support, Resilience,
- Introduction, Problems and Theoretical Foundations
Describe the background of the problem, the purpose, and benefits of research, theoretical study, and end with a hypothesis. Use the theory of the last 10 years (cited from the journal) and specifically the book can use years long if the theory is from the first author/inventor.
It contains the identification of variables, research subjects, research instruments, and research methods including the statistical analysis techniques used.
The results of the study consisted of descriptive statistics, the results of the assumption test, and the results of the hypothesis test than were critically analyzed.
An explanation of the results of the study, linked to the results of previous research studies, is critically analyzed and linked to the latest relevant literature. The discussion ended with the formulation of conclusions and suggestions.
The contents of the conclusions are answers to the research objectives not summaries of research results. Conclusions and suggestions are concise, clear and concise based on results and discussion.
Write a bibliography which chronological references. The bibliography is a Reference List (Reference) not a Bibliography, so it must contain all sources referred to in the text and does not need to contain sources that are not referenced. The following are examples of writing a bibliography:
(a) Example of journal writing without a Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Davis, N., & Carter, A. S. (2008). Parenting stress in mothers and fathers of toddlers with autism spectrum disorders: Associations with child characteristics. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorder, 28 (7), 1278-1291.
Dian, S. A. P., Siti, Q. (2016). The relationship between social support of parents with children’s well-being in class IV acceleration students at SDSN Banjarsari I Bandung. Journal of Psychology, 2 (1). 1-4.
(b) Example of journal writing with Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Herbst-Damm, K. L., & Kulik, J. A. (2005). Volunteer support, marital status, and the survival times of terminally ill patients. Health Psychology, 24 (1), 225229. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/02786126.96.36.199
c) Examples of writing magazine articles
Chamberlin, J., Novotney, A., Packard, E., & Price, M. (2008, May). Enhancing worker wellbeing: Occupational health psychologists convene to share their research on work, stress, and health. Monitor on Psychology, 39 (5), 2629.
(d) Examples of writing online magazine articles
Clay, R. (2008, June). Science vs. ideology: Psychologists fight back about the misuse of research. Monitor on Psychology, 39 (6). Downloaded from http://www.apa.org/monitor/ on August 10, 2012.
(e) Examples of the unpublished thesis or thesis writing
Dimoki, A. B. (2016). Relationship of family support to work stress. Essay. (Not published). Karawang: Faculty of Psychology, University of Buana Perjuangan Karawang.
(f) Example of writing a book
Azwar, S. (2012). Arrangement of psychological scale (ed. 2). Yogyakarta: Student Library.
Shotton, M. A. (1989). Computer addiction? A study of computer dependencies. England: Taylor & Francis.
c. Technical Writing / Typing
Authors must follow the technical writing/typing below:
Upper and lower margins: 2 cm
Left and right margin: 2 cm
Font: Times New Roman
Maximum pages: 15 (including abstracts and bibliography)
Paper size: A4 (Quarto).
d. Submission Procedures
Submitting soft script files can be done as an email attachment to email@example.com